Responsibilities, Terms and Conditions of Use
We may modify or discontinue any aspect of this Site at any time.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
This Site and the material on the Site is owned by us and third party providers and is protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
- This Site and the content provided in this Site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without our written permission, except that you may download, display and print one copy of the materials presented on this Site on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial use only.
- "Deep-linking," "embedding" or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing.
- Unauthorized use of this Site or the materials contained on this Site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, and any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials.
- The use of such materials on any other web site or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited.
- You may create links to this Site on the condition that the link does not state or imply our sponsorship of the other site and you do not copy onto or add to such site any of the content and intellectual property of this Site.
4. Sharing Your Content and Information
You can control all of the content and information you post share through your account settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Word of Life ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information using the "public" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Quiet Time, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
5. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY
- WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS SITE AND/OR ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR DATA FOUND ON THIS SITE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- We do not warrant that the Site or any of its components will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Site is free of viruses. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the materials on the Site.
- We provide what we believe to be useful, current and accurate information regarding the Bible and articles of spiritual content. However, we do not make any representations, nor do we warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinions, or materials.
We do our best to keep the Online Quiet Time safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam.)
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the Quiet Time, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, pornographic, incites violence, alcohol-related content, mature content (including advertisements) or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion".)
- You will not use the Site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Quiet Time, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
7. Registration and Account Security
Quiet Time users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on the Word of Life Quiet Time, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your quiet times, status update, or content to an advertiser).
- You will not use Word of Life Quiet Time if you are under 13.
- You will not use Word of Life Quiet Time if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
- We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on the Word of Life Quiet Time that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on the Word of Life Quiet Time if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Word of Life, Quiet Time, Quiet Time Diary or Quiet Time Journal and Word of Life Logos), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on the Word of Life Quiet Time.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
- The fee for our mobile services applies only to the online Quiet Time, please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging or internet access fees, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on the Word of Life Quiet Time within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their contact lists with any basic information and contact information that is visible to them on the Word of Life Quiet Time, as well as your name and profile picture.
If you make a payment on the Word of Life Quiet Time, you agree to our Payment Terms.
Word of Life reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its discretion. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for Word of Life, we can stop providing all or part of the Quiet Time. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but certain provisions will still apply.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Word of Life exclusively in a state or federal court located in Essex County. The laws of the State of New York will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Essex County, New York for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on the Word of Life Quiet Time, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- WE TRY TO KEEP THE ONLINE QUIET TIME UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING IT "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. WORD OF LIFE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR WORD OF LIFE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR WORD OF LIFE WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, WORD OF LIFE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Users outside the United States
- We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on the Word of Life Quiet Time (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website.
- By "Quiet Time," “online Quiet Time” or Word of Life, we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.quiettimediary.com and any other Word of Life branded or co-branded websites, including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions, our Platform, plugins, other media, software, devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Word of Life or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
- By "content" we mean anything you post on the Word of Life Quiet Time that would not be included in the definition of "information."
- By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from Word of Life or provide to Word of Life through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on the Word of Life Quiet Time or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "active registered user" we mean a user who has an active account on the Word of life Quiet Time.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and Word of Life Fellowship. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean either Word of Life or Word of Life Fellowship.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Word of Life, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Word of Life Quiet Time.
You may also want to review the following documents:
- Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through Word of Life.
If there are any questions regarding this policy you may contact us using the information below.
Word of Life Fellowship, Inc.
Local Church Ministries
P.O. Box 600
Schroon Lake, NY 12870